Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Monday, December 02, 2002

I did a talk on alcohol this week at one of the local youth groups. I was trying to look at it from the perspective of someone who is trying to follow Christ. It is amazing how much the Bible says about certain topics if you are willing to take the time to look. It really made realize that we make so many judgements on things without really looking at the whole picture. If you go to church than I'm sure that you have been taught many things in your life and probably taken a lot of the stuff at face value. I think that there is definitely a place for that, but letting someone else think for us will only take us so far.
Many people fought and died to have the bible translated into common languages so that average joes like you and me can learn first hand what thruths the Creater has passed on to His people over the centuries, and yet sometimes we seem to try and turn back the clock on what all those people sacrificed for by only looking at God's word through other's eyes.
It is my prayer that God will inspire us all to look clocer at the amazing lives, teachings and stories that are available to us today because so many of God's people thought that it was a cause worthy of thier lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home