Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Monday, December 09, 2002

I spoke about christmas last night at beyond the edge and I attempted to convey the amazing story of the great rescue mission that Christmas was and continues to be. I used a movie clip from Forest Gump where he goes back into the jungle in Vietinam to save his buddies from certain death. Anyway I didn't say that to tell you what an amazing speaker I am, because I would be lying, or to tell you how creative I am, because that wouldn't be the truth either, but rather to bring your attention back to the amazing world of Forest Gump.

As the cover of the video says, "The world will never be the same again once youve seen it through the eyes of Forest Gump." and that is a very true statement. Watching that movie again to get a clip for my talk reopened my eyes to the amazing character that was Forest Gump. Talk about a role model for the selfless, sacrificial, honest, trustworthy, simple, loving, careing, genuine etc, etc...man. He does really reawaken you to the simplicity of what life was really supposed to be like. Even his childlike, trust and belief in God is powerful in its message.

So if you want a refreshing look at the world around you just get back to your local video store and rent the movie that should have changed the world, Forest Gump.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home