Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Friday, December 13, 2002

Well I tried this the other day and it didn't work so I will try it again,

I have recently watched Forest Gump for the nth time. What a fantastic movie. But as I watched it this time the truth of what the cover says really hit me. "The world will never be the same once you've seen it through the eyes of Forest Gump." How true is that statement. Forest Gump is not the perfect man, generic man that is, and I don't think that we should all drop our saturated thinking caps, in favour of a couple simple one liners that our momma told us, but we do need to try a new set of veiwing spectacles and readjust our focus.

To see the world through the eyes of Forest Gump is to blinker our mistrust, our synicism, our apaling selfishness and greed, and to see the world through the lenses of Love. This is a love that is real, not based on fleeting emotion, or lust, or selfservice, or pride, but rather, is always hoping, always serving, always giving and always looking out for others befor itself. It looks very like a love that I have read about somewhere else???

Watching Forest really challenged me as to how I look at the world and how I treat the people that are in my world. We complicate life so much with all that we hope to gain for our selves and all that we worry about losing to others. I know that we are human and we will never be perfect to each other, but can we, can I, not at least shoot for a higher standard so that we can get a little closer than we are now.

If you want a kick in this direction take another look at Forest Gump, and while your at it you might want to take another look at a few book that Jesus friends wrote about His life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home