Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Running ... well sort of

Yes that gay old sport of kings. A great way to clear your head, see the world, gain some fittness as well as getting a few prayers in while your at it. (I tell you there is nothing like running for a bit of time with the BIG MAN.

A problem has caught my attention lately however. It seams that the less you do it, the slower you get. And I think this degeneration is unavoidable unless you keep it going. Funny that.

I say this because yesterday, for the first time in a few weeks, I went for a run... And lets face it, since the half marathon in Lisburn last June, you could call my running habit sporadic at best... But any way, like I said, I went for a run yesterday. Not a big one by any stretch of the imagination. Just 3 1/2 miles. I timed my self just to see where my fittness was at. I didn't try to kill my self or anything, but when the clock had stopped, I had punched in at a pavement blistering 9 min /mile. That is slightly sad considering in the last year I alegedly ran a marathon and two half marathos.

I was hopeing that the fittness I had gained from that training would carry me for at least the next couple of years. Sadly this is not the case.

I think now it is time for me to take some drastic action and join Oakridge Clinic's speed walking team to give me some motivation to get that fittness back on track.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home