Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Masini (pronounced - masheen)

Last night I went to see my first movie totally in Romanian. We took 8 kids from on of the State group homes (Casa 8 in Sancrai for those of you who have been here) to see Masini, "Cars," in our local cinema. They had dubbed it over in Romanian and actually did a really good job... or so other people told me. I understood the odd thing but cartoons really speak for themselves.

It was a brilliant night with the kids, most of whom had never been in a cinema before. They absolutely loved it and were totally mesmorized by everything about the place, especially all the movie posters on the way in.

About half way through the film, Fiona and I went out and snuck them all in chocolate sundays from the McDonalds next door. It was funny watching some of them take about a half hour to eat their ice cream because they didn't want to take their eyes of the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home