Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Thursday, January 30, 2003

Life is a long jog in the snow?

I went for a run today out the Belfast Road and I felt like I was back in Canada. On my way out the road the wind was in my face and I felt like I was going at a snail’s pace fighting against the cold gusts. But when I turned around to come back towards the hinch it was like a new world and my energy went up 300%. All of the sudden I realised that the sun was shining, the wind was at my back and there was snow / light hail falling all around me. When there weren’t cars going bye it was so peaceful. It was cold but not too bad and the ground around me was getting whiter and whiter. I was so energised at that moment that I felt that I could have run the marathon at that moment.

I learned another great lesson at that moment. Life is all about perspective. Sometimes you just need to turn around to see the beauty around you. And at the same time if I wasn’t running into the cold biting wind going out the road I would have appreciated the wind at my back and the beautiful snow on the way back.

At these moments in my life I want to praise God for diversity, of weather, of terrain, of personality, of ability, of everything. If everything was always easy and the sun was always shining up our backsides then we would not appreciate the true beauty of God’s wonderful creation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home