Paul Coles, Youthworkerish type guy. Present location: Targu Mures, Romania. Married to an amazing girl named Fiona. I'm on a JOURNEY and have no idea where I'll end up other than in the hands of God.

Tuesday, February 25, 2003

Unity

As Christians, how important is unity to us. The only time, I know of, that Jesus prayed for the future believers, us that is, he prayed that we would be one as He and the Father are one. Would you be able to describe the modern day church like that? Are we one? And I'm not even talking about churches in general, or just people that go to church, but about God's people, those who seek after Him. Are we one as Jesus and God are one? Are we in complete unity so that the world may know that God loves the world and sent Jesus into the world?
That’s not the picture of the church that I see and I really doubt that it is the picture that the world sees either.

The more I think about all these things, the more I realize that the greatest of all God’s gifts is Love. Because love is so many things that we are not and yet everything that we should strive to be. But instead we are too proud, too rude, too self-seeking, too easily angered, we keep too many records of wrong, and do not rejoice in the truth, we don’t protect, we don’t trust and we don’t hope. We are all these things because we are human and only by the grace of God can we ever hope for more. But I wish that we, that I, would realize more that it is only by the grace of God that anyone is anything and stop thinking of myself as, in any way, better than anyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home